Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Selecting / Deleting Multiple References at once.

shawnrwshawnrw Member Posts: 43 PRO
Any plans to improve this functionality? We import large DWG sketch files, convert the lines, and adjust as needed. Deleting the many references one by one makes me miss a more mature cad platform.

Below is just one small part...

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    GWS50GWS50 Member Posts: 379 PRO
    Yes agreed this can be really tedious. I often find this to take a lot of time
  • Options
    bruce_williamsbruce_williams Member, Developers Posts: 842 PRO
    @shawnrw

Two workarounds -

1) Use Transform to move the sketch entering a distance. This gets rid of all the 'Use' constraints. Then, if you want it in the original position, Transform again to move it back with the same distance. 

2) Switch to an edge view of the sketch and the constraints will be above or below the sketch plane. Then you can window select them and delete groups.
    www.accuratepattern.com
  • Options
    Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,064 PRO
    @bruce_williams
    I'd never thought to try the second one. I just gave it a go and can't seem to get it to work. Seems like i can only pick one at a time. Any tips?
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl
  • Options
    bruce_williamsbruce_williams Member, Developers Posts: 842 PRO
    @Evan_Reese

You are correct - I was mistaken on the window select, it does not work.  Still wack a mole; just a little easier to get them.  I apologize! I thought I had done that before...  The transform is way to go for a lot of external references.
    www.accuratepattern.com