Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Convert column in imported CSV to a user selectable list

shawn_crockershawn_crocker Member, OS Professional Posts: 508 PRO
Title says it all.  Just can't figure out how this is done. CUSTOM SHEET METAL FEATURES | sheetMetalStart.fs Copy 1 (onshape.com)

Thanks so much if you can provide an example or point to one.
Tagged:

Answers

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 4,397
    This is not possible because enum lists are static. The only way to do this would be to create a lookupTable. 
    Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Alex_KempenAlex_Kempen Member Posts: 221 EDU
    The easiest alternative is probably to break out your UI and values into a separate, easily modifiable Feature Studio. I did that for my Variable Library FS, which you can find here. Some creatively nested maps, comments, and the relevant enum makes it fairly easy for users to copy and add their own functions as they desire - they just have to update the relevant import in the top of the Variable Library feature studio first.
  • shawn_crockershawn_crocker Member, OS Professional Posts: 508 PRO
    @Alex_Kempen
    Thanks.  I will have to do some experimenting with reusing existing code and just creating a new interface.  For the time being, I have just created an enum that matches the values in the csv.  It works OK for me but my secondary goal is to have a feature that other people can use without having to dig into the code to use.