Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Hide/show actions in the history?

edward_panedward_pan Member Posts: 10
I did some search and it seems no one has asked about this.

Sometimes after I make an adjustment, I would view the difference by undoing and redoing.
It happens that a part or a sketch might be get in the way or needed so I would hide or show it and by doing so the undo/redo history would be interrupted because those are included in the history.

Would it be possible to exclude those from the history, or is there a good reason for them to be included?

Comments

• Options
    alnisalnis Member, Developers Posts: 449 EDU
    If you need to hide something temporarily, I recommend hovering over it and pressing Shift T to make it temporarily transparent. This works for parts, surfaces, and curves, but not for sketches.

Undo for show/hide can be great if you accidentally show or hide all or otherwise show/hide something you didn't mean to.

If you want to do a more visual comparison, you can use the compare tool from the history menu:

Student at University of Washington | Get in touch: contact@alnis.dev | My personal site: https://alnis.dev
  • Options
    edward_panedward_pan Member Posts: 10
    Thank you for the tips!
    If you need to hide something temporarily, I recommend hovering over it and pressing Shift T to make it temporarily transparent. This works for parts, surfaces, and curves, but not for sketches.

Undo for show/hide can be great if you accidentally show or hide all or otherwise show/hide something you didn't mean to.

If you want to do a more visual comparison, you can use the compare tool from the history menu: