Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Toggle selection behavior from multiple to regular Single select

gda_ctogda_cto Member Posts: 13 PRO
edited August 13 in Product Feedback
I would like the ability to change the selection of items behavior. I personally find the multiple selection behaviour unintuitive, frustrating and wastes a lot of time.

In almost every other computer program, the default selection of items behaviour is to select individual items until you hold the ctrl or shift key (with some minor differences in certain views).

I get that OnShape has it's own way of doing things, but I feel that those things that are different from the default behavior of most programs or even the operating system, those should be something you can change to standard behaviour, just as you made the different mouse controls user selectable.

Comments

• lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,955
    This is a behavior we have built into everything in Onshape and is part of our foundational ux.  At this point we are not considering a change at this time.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.