Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
Is there a way to reduce the sensitivity of mouse rotation to allow getting a very finely-tuned perspective on a part?
When rotating, moving the mouse by one pixel seems to rotate the view by approximately one degree. That's a good sensitivity in general, but terrible when trying to line up exactly with something. I'm often trying to look exactly down the side of something that doesn't have any flat faces to select to go normal to with [n].
I don't see any of these options, am I missing any secret tricks?
1) Hold a modifier key to reduce the sensitivity (I think this improvement request indicates that it doesn't exist yet -- https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/5432/fine-zoom )
2) Set mouse sensitivity in Onshape options (this would make rotation annoying slow)
3) Set mouse acceleration in Onshape options -- this can also be annoying, so might not be good