Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Created slot is on surface only and not through object

joel_krienerjoel_kriener Member Posts: 3 EDU
Hello,
I am new to ONSHAPE and even though I have looked at many of the tutorials and videos on how to create slots I just cannot seem to get the slot to actually show up as a removed section in the object. I can create the slot on the sketch but it does not create the actual corresponding hole for the slot. What step(s) am I missing?

thank you ahead of time... Confused

Comments

• alnisalnis Member, Developers Posts: 449 EDU
    Please send a link to your document with public sharing enabled so that we can see what you've tried so far.

Forum post checklist here: https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/9107/forum-post-checklist-read-this-first#latest
    Student at University of Washington | Get in touch: contact@alnis.dev | My personal site: https://alnis.dev
  • tim_hess427tim_hess427 Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried extruding the sketch you made to create the slot? 
  • joel_krienerjoel_kriener Member Posts: 3 EDU
    Hi all... thanks for feedback sort of answered my own question. As I stumbled around the extruding function I found the SOLID vs SURFACE options and also the REMOVE tab. So after playing around I found the right combination by selecting the part plane, clicking SKETCH, drawing the square then after saving it, went to the extrude section and applied the SOLID, REMOVE for a depth of 1". DONE! yeah 
    thanks