Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Onshape User Group meeting - Meet the TSE's - August 19th

richard_doylerichard_doyle Member, User Group Leader Posts: 290 ✭✭✭✭
Meet the TSE's, learn a little about them, and enjoy some of their favorite Onshape tips.

@Roy_Mutalik, @Matt_Rohr, and @Jake_Delano will be on hand to introduce themselves and share a few of their favorite things about Onshape. A robust Q&A will follow.

More information and a link to registration can be found here - https://www.onshape.com/en/user-group-network/professional

Richard

Comments

• Matt_RohrMatt_Rohr Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 2
    Hi, everyone!

I'm looking forward to the meeting and getting to know the Onshape community! 

Speaking for the rest of the TSEs - we want to deliver content that you care about that is the most helpful for your workflows.

With that in mind, if there are any topics you'd like to know more about or any challenges you're facing - post them here. Then, we'll come ready with great answers!

-Matt

Technical Services Engineer, Principal

Here to help!

• Roy_MutalikRoy_Mutalik Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 33
    edited August 2021
    Echoing all of what @Matt_Rohr said.

My favorite tech tip/trick is the NEXT one (old or new) that helps a fellow Onshape user!

Are there any specific areas or workflows where you wish there was a better way to do something?

- Part modeling, Part studios
    - Assemblies, mating, etc.
    - Drawings
    - Versions, history, and releases
    - Permissions and Sharing
    - Organizing documents
    - Migrating Data
    - Anything else!

We're ready to highlight any shortcut or hotkey, scour every custom feature (well, maybe not EVERY, there are a lot. But we know of a few good ones...), discuss any process, and if all that fails we'll help you request and improvement. Just let us know.

Looking forward to seeing you all there.

At your Service,

- The Onshape Technical Services Team
  • bryan_lagrangebryan_lagrange Member, User Group Leader Posts: 792 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assemblies seem to be hot topic to people I talk to. 
    Bryan Lagrange
    Twitter: @BryanLAGdesign

• richard_doylerichard_doyle Member, User Group Leader Posts: 290 ✭✭✭✭
    Well that was fun and informative. Thanks to our TSE's for showing some great tips!

Richard
  • christopher_quijanochristopher_quijano OS Professional Posts: 50 PRO
    Hi @richard_doyle, are these user group meetings recorded. The time frame usually is not good for me but I would still love to hear and see the content.

Christopher
  • richard_doylerichard_doyle Member, User Group Leader Posts: 290 ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @richard_doyle, are these user group meetings recorded. The time frame usually is not good for me but I would still love to hear and see the content.

Christopher
    Yes they are, but I don't have a good place to post them yet. I've been known to share individual recordings by request. There are roughly 50 meetings recorded so I can't share them all, but if you have a specific meeting you are interested in, I'll see what I can do.

Richard