Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

View sketch dimensions/constraints in public documents?

creyccreyc Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
Browsing public documents is a great way to find inspiration as well as learn new ways of modelling.  The ability to rollback to the beginning of a public document and see step-by-step how others are using OnShape helps me discover different ways of using the tools.

However in order to peer into the sketches themselves, to see dimensions and how constraints are setup, the workspace must be made private and made editable.  I'm not really interested in editing the workspace, I would just like to be able to fully explore the read-only public document.

Comments

• navnav Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @creyc you don`t need to make a private copy, when you click on "Make a private Copy" it will give you the option to make either public or private:

OS guys will better explain, but what you request is not possible at the moment due how OS works, in order to see constraints and dimension you have to edit the feature that contains them, so unless you have a shared model with someone is not possible to just see dimensions without having editing privileges.

In my case I just make a copy (public) of the document i want to review, and when I`m done I delete the document.
    Nicolas Ariza V.
    Indaer -- Aircraft Lifecycle Solutions