Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

sources for Onshape work -- contract / freelance?

rick_conardrick_conard Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
I would like to know if anyone has any recommendations for finding work using Onshape?   I am coming from a machine design and engineering career using Solidworks.   I'm really impressed with Onshape and would like to get some contacts for freelance / contract  machine or industrial design using Onshape.   Since I am semi-retired I can be very flexible in job assignments.

Answers

• Options
    wout_theelen541wout_theelen541 Member, csevp Posts: 198 PRO
    I've looked at job listings a few times to see what's available and it seems OnShape isn't that widely used yet especially compared to the legacy CAD systems. The most daunting things for companies is probably to migrate data over to OnShape especially if they have any existing processes that they would have to confront in doing so. If you know some companies I'd say try and tell them the pros of OnShape and help them migrate over.
  • Options
    billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    edited June 2023
    Most Onshape jobs I've found is because I told the company about Onshape. Most companies don't care what CAD system you use as long as you can get the job done, at least the smaller companies. I don't know of a place that promotes Onshape jobs & services.