Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Show Version Description in Versions and History Tab?

S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,390 PRO
I have a preference for version and revision codes to be automatically generated so that they are consistent and sort properly. I never ever want to end up with "Final, Final Final.1.2".

I also want to write useful descriptions for versions so that I can remember what they are and go to them quickly. 

Right now, the versions and history tab doesn't show the description unless you wait for a tooltip to pop up. It takes a while, and you can only see one at a time.

I would like it if as I stretched the tab from its minimum width, I would be show the beginning of the description.

The alternate is that I add my own text after the autogenerated version name, but I'm not crazy about that method.

What are we supposed to do here?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,422
    I’m all for more info in the versions and history graph so please create this as an improvement request. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI