Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

multiple parts with same future and single point of edit?

mike_almogymike_almogy Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
Hello :-)
I'm designing something that has 3 variation. 
At the moment i simple duplicated the same part and modified each one for what i want.
However, there are some futures that i want to be on all parts but i do not want to edit each part.
Is it possible to have a "cross part" future? Somewhat like the assembly that get modified automatically for each change i making.

Thanks
Mike

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,362
    Have you tried configurations? Perfect for variants. See tab on right side of screen. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    mike_almogymike_almogy Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    NeilCooke said:
    Have you tried configurations? Perfect for variants. See tab on right side of screen. 
    Thanks, i have no idea what it is :-) i will go learn what and how to use it. Thank you :-)