Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Is there a way to make a library of custom notes for drawings like feature script?

Kira_LeeKira_Lee Member, Developers Posts: 17 PRO
I have features made in feature script, but I want to be able to add notes to the drawing with those features in it. Each unique feature has a unique note with it, but I want to be able to drop these notes in the drawings like I can with features into parts. Is there a way to do this? Thanks in advance!

Answers

• john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    edited October 2021
    If it is a note that is relative to a drawing's reference (part, partstudio, assembly) then you can link a note to a property of the reference. 

If you need something more generic that doesn't change based on the part shown... Such as an old autoCAD block.. Then you can create a sketch containing text in a part studio, then insert it as a view in drawings, then it will behave similar to an autoCAD block. 

Otherwise, you will need to give more details on how this note should behave 
  • Kira_LeeKira_Lee Member, Developers Posts: 17 PRO
    Here is more detail on what I need:

I create drill rod ends that have various client specifications with them. Each client needs a unique drawing for their part. The basic thread on these parts are the same, so I have created feature scripts for all of them to easily be added to a cylinder with the client's specs. When I make these drawings, I need the thread information (taper, threading insert, TPI) to be next to that feature.

I have attached an example of this in the link below where the thread information is attached with that one feature, so both parts - even though the dimensions of the part are different - have the same thread note.

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/0825b41fe710597f6ddd209a/w/5df3406d26f4d721207d09fd/e/938d3657a473a22313b11fa2