Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Can't dimension a line on a slanted sketch plane

tim_tang634tim_tang634 Member Posts: 2
I created a new sketch on a slanted surface - i.e. not parallel to X, Y or Z-axis. I'm trying to dimension a line on the sketch. I select the "Dimension" tool; then select the line to dimension; drag the dimension value to a location that I want to place. When I click to place the dimension, it ALWAYS changes to a different type of dimension. Most of the time it will change to angle dimension.

This behavior will occur on the X, Y, or Z sketch plane when my view is not perpendicular to the sketch plane. My problem is the sketch plane is slanted. I don't know how to adjust my view to be perpendicular to the sketch plane.

How can I dimension a line in a slanted sketch plane?

Regards,
Tim

Comments