Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How do enlarge an imported object?

I recently imported several parts, and I cannot figure out how to enlarge them proportionally.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    kiran_ganeshankiran_ganeshan Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2015
    I found "Transform" and Chose "Scale uniformly", then selected "2" and clicked the check, but the imported part remained the same. It didn't scale. Am I doing something wrong?
    EDIT: I found that I had simply neglected to choose a point. I would delete this comment but I can't see a delete option.
  • Options
    shanshanshanshan Member Posts: 147 ✭✭✭
    @kiran_ganeshan, I also did not find which one is "delete" option,maybe there is no this option
  • Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    @kiran_ganeshan @shanshan You could remove text but in many cases it can help someone else. If anyone have this same question and finds this thread, now they are reminded to check that they did choose a point for transform.
    //rami
  • Options
    eunice_koeunice_ko Member Posts: 1
    I'm having a similar problem but It is not showing any points that I can select. Any ideas?
  • Options
    Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    Hello @eunice_ko ,

When the "Point" box is selected, you should be able to select any vertex (vertices of solid models, vertices of sketches, or the origin).  When you select this box, the view won't change to show you which points are available, but if you mouse over a vertex it will glow yellow to show you that it is available for selection.

https://cad.onshape.com/help/#transform.htm?Highlight=scale uniformly

Please let us know if you are still having trouble.
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team