Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Need better Display State tools

CBowersCBowers Member Posts: 50 PRO
edited November 2021 in Product Feedback
I've spent nearly a day and a half fixing display states because I had to add some new parts to an assembly. I often have a dozen or so display states and when an item is added after the display states are created I have to go through and hide the item in all the display states individually. The problem is further complicated because I have multiple configurations and I have to make sure those parts are also hidden in the different configurations when the display state is active. Something like a Display State configurator would be much appreciated, so that I could pick which display states I want the item to be shown or hidden in.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    GWS50GWS50 Member Posts: 386 PRO
    I struggle with this too, especially when adding bolts all the mate connectors show up as well which is very dull
  • Options
    chandra_harshachandra_harsha Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    I have the same issue @CBowers is facing. I have files with very large assemblies, and I use Display states in drawings as well. When one of my team members update in the assembly, and accidentally refreshes the drawing, it throws everything into disarray. Every time I have to update drawings, I have to verify display states all the time. I hope onshape sorts this out.
  • Options
    ge0rgege0rge Member Posts: 11 PRO
    edited May 6
    Was this ever addressed? Thanks!

cc @NeilCooke