Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Editing a Parasolid imported file.

PatdwPatdw Member Posts: 7
Hi all, 
I imported a Parasolid file, I need to change the curvature of some edges of the surface. Is it possible to do that in Onshape and how? 
Thanks in advance for your response.
Pat

Answers

• Options
    bruce_williamsbruce_williams Member, Developers Posts: 842 PRO
    @Patdw

Good Morning and welcome to the Forum!

You may be able to make your changes using direct editing or surfacing tools  (depending on what you want to do).  We will need more explanation to best answer.  See the instructions here to share you document.
    www.accuratepattern.com
  • Options
    Thanks Bruce. As you can see in the file I linked below, I would like to change the curvature of the top edge of both top surface that come from the spinner to the end of the cowling. I try for severall days, watching your video, tutorials and all info I could, but never could do it. It's the first time I work with a parasolid import.
    https://cad.onshape.com/documents/a42706862b5485a0d6fd3712/w/c15f51df985dc95b8cb97588/e/9a0f351f0cc97a3f194aa16d

I really hope I can get a tip or answer on what
  • Options
    bruce_williamsbruce_williams Member, Developers Posts: 842 PRO
    @Patdw

See branch B1 in this document.  Note, I rolled back to before the plane was deleted and resized for convenience to match the photo.

I changed the spinner to match the photo better. However, I do not see discrepancy in the cowling. 

Please say what you think and sketch what you have in mind for the cowling.  I warn you the cowling is not trivial to change; that is advanced modeling.

www.accuratepattern.com
  • Options
    Thanks Bruce. As you can see in the file I linked below, I would like to change the curvature of the top edge of both top surface that come from the spinner to the end of the cowling. I try for severall days, watching your video, tutorials and all info I could, but never could do it. It's the first time I work with a parasolid import.
    https://cad.onshape.com/documents/a42706862b5485a0d6fd3712/w/c15f51df985dc95b8cb97588/e/9a0f351f0cc97a3f194aa16d

I really hope I can get a tip or answer on what
  • Options
    Hi Bruce, thanks for your time. The problem is that the upper edge need a very little bit more curvature, the edge must follow the original curve of the spinner. I know it's a very little change, but it makes the difference. I realize that it's advance modeling. Any way, how did you manage to make some change on the spinner. What I am missing?
    Best regards
    Pat