Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Preventing unchanged drawings from rev-ing up on release

david_robertsdavid_roberts Member Posts: 6 PRO
I've looked around in the forum for quite some time and haven't found an answer that hasn't been overcome by Onshape upgrades, so I'll ask this again in the hope of one of you hot shots being able to provide the current method, if there is one.  I still haven't mastered the finer points (and some of the not so fine points) of release management, so apologies if I'm missing something obvious.

I want to release 60+ drawings for parts, some of which have changed and most of which haven't.  That way I have all of the drawings together in that release version rather than scattered across multiple releases and I'm not having the shop ask me why the rev went from A to B when nothing changed.  How do I prevent unchanged drawings from rev-ing up on the new release?

Answers

• Options
    Hans_Ole_LeirvikHans_Ole_Leirvik Member Posts: 80 PRO
    Do you know that a drawing view can reference a version, not only to main workspace?
    I dont know, but maybe the release system treats such a drawing as not changed. Ie. all the views in a drawing reference a version.

If you have many views of several parts in the drawing/sheets you will at some time have to switch the references to newer versions, which is quite time consuming.