Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Assembly instances and mates not loading

jason_traudjason_traud Member Posts: 15
This is one of the more complex designs I've put together and I'm starting to have issues with the objects in the "instances and mates" side bar not loading. 

Is there likely just a network issue currently going or is this a practical limit of how complex an OnShape assembly can get?

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/4b63c675a45625f191cf7db0/w/1c40f3983f3f616177f414e1/e/e873e9533c7050129762dd17

Comments

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,354
    Loads fine for me - try refreshing the browser (shift + reload). 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • jason_traudjason_traud Member Posts: 15
    NeilCooke said:
    Loads fine for me - try refreshing the browser (shift + reload). 
    It's working again in Chrome today. I ended up switching over to Edge for the night and it ran fine there. The phone app wasn't having issues either. 
  • ilya_baranilya_baran Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 1,175
    Regarding the complexity, Onshape users regularly work with designs 10x and even 100x more complex (in terms of number of instances, part complexity, etc.), so you are not close to the limits.
    Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc