Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
Select edges to fill multiple surfaces simultaneously
Is there a way to select edges and Fill multiple, non-contiguous surfaces simultaneously?
In the simplest case, assume that I want to create a Composite surface comprised of two individual surfaces that do not overlap one another, similar to that shown below:
My current workflow is tedious and crude:
- click <Fill> (new)
- <Create selection>
- click <Loop/chain connected> (default is 'Tangent connected')
- select an edge
- click <Add selection>
Eight mouse/keyboard inputs seems excessive relative to the simplicity of the task. Is there a better way? The tedium becomes so much the greater when tens of surfaces are involved.
- Is it possible to create 'Fill 1' and 'Fill 2' simultaneously (remember that they don't overlap)?
- Is it possible to select the perimeter of an enclosed sketch profile with a single mouse click? (<Perimeter> would be a handy selection criterion for <Create selection>)
- Is there a keyboard shortcut for <Fill>?
- Persistent tool selection for <Fill>? (tool stays open for the next Fill)