Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Where are my documents?

I spent the last 2 months devoted entirely to onshape. I used an education account, and used the documents I made in some presentations. over winter break, I used Onshape obsessively, trying to hone my skills. I made 50 documents, totaling about 150 hours of work. The new semester begins, and I find out, "Hey! My school has this thing so my teachers can see what I've been working on." so i use the link, and log in to the "enterprise" using Google. It is probably important to note that I signed up for my original account using my school Email address, which is the same one as my school Google account. I check my dashboard for everything I've made, and nothing is there. I contact my friend I shared some of it with, and he has nothing. They are all gone. I go back to cad.onshape.com, and try to sign in using my old account, and it says "invalid username or password." I can't be the only one who has experienced this. Is there any way for me to get my old documents back?

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,362
    Sounds like your school admin has blocked username/password sign-in in favour of SSO. You will need to speak to them to have them unlock it for you so you can sign into cad.onshapoe.com. To get your docs into the Enterprise (before they re-enable SSO), you would then have to transfer ownership of all your docs to the school admin who can then transfer them to the Enterprise. It's a lot of messing about but it's there for security reasons to keep all school data in one place.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    isaac_hampelisaac_hampel Member Posts: 4
    Thank you very much! I'm meeting with our admin later today, so we should be able to sort it out.