Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Can I duplicate a part for a mold to make a larger mold with the same multiple parts?

carlos_berdealcarlos_berdeal Member Posts: 76 ✭✭
In this drawing I have made a mold for Part1.Labeled Top and bottom. What would be the best way to now make a mold with like 10 copies of part 1? It is a tiny part and I need to make many of them so I would like a block with 10.

Comments

• john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    Yes, there are many ways to do it.

You can use a pattern, or transform->copy, derive the part into another part studio for the molds, or use an assembly/In-Context
  • bradley_saulnbradley_sauln Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 373
    You can leverage the linear pattern feature in the Part Studio. Since you have a nice blocked mold, the quickest/easiest thing to do is a part pattern where you could do a 2x5 grid (you'll have to figure out the spacing of the pattern by measuring the sides of your block). You will select the Linear Pattern Feature > Part Pattern > Add. If you're looking to resize the part to account for shrinkage, you can use the Transform feature first to scale the part appropriately BEFORE creating your mold.

Here's an example of the pattern:

Engineer | Adventurer | Tinkerer
    Twitter: @bradleysauln

• dirk_van_der_vaartdirk_van_der_vaart Member Posts: 533 ✭✭✭
    Are you sure that this is not a problem??