Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Show dependencies is not working in rollback

guy_rogelguy_rogel Member, User Group Leader Posts: 84 PRO
edited January 2022 in Product Feedback
Show dependencies is a must , I was asking for that for a very long time
But now I found out it will not work when in roll back.
so if I have a sketch that is used by a feture currently rolled back  the sketch will show no dependencies. this is a mistake. i started deleting sketches like that just to realize they do have children.  
it must show also rolled back dependencies. this is very problematic

Comments

• Options

• Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,375 PRO
    To me this is a bug, not a feature request. But either way, it would be good to fix this.
  • Options
    I agree it's a bug. I just don't know how to report bugs like this.
  • Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @guy_rogel we cannot show you what is a parent if the tree has not regenerated.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,375 PRO
    @lougallo
    I can understand - in a way - not being able to select features after the roll-back bar. They're gray-ed out and that makes a certain amount of sense. However, it's not like the dependency graph changes if the rollback bar moves. If the features are edited, then it makes sense that it would be difficult to predict what will happen after a change until the part is rolled to the end. Would it not be easy to cache the last known dependencies, and report those? Maybe the dependency window shows those features in gray so it's more clear that we don't really know what's happening with them now, but at least before the rollback, we had a certain state that we know. To me it's more useful to report some potentially out of date information instead of just reporting nothing.
  • Options
    eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,515 PRO
    S1mon said:
    @lougallo
    To me it's more useful to report some potentially out of date information instead of just reporting nothing.
    @S1mon, @lougallo:

It seems like it might be against Onshape "policy" to display potentially wrong data so I would be surprised if they implemented something like this (I  could see it being a bit of a "can of worm")...
    However displaying warning in the dependencies window (right in the header? Maybe even the same warning Icon used on features with missing selections?) when the tree is rolled back would be helpful! Even better if it was a button you could click to "roll to end".