Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Fillet-independent references

joseph_newcomerjoseph_newcomer Member Posts: 90 ✭✭✭
I need to place two mate connectors so they are coincident along one axis.  I do not seem to be able to create a Point which I can then see in the assembly.  How do I say, in a part, that "This point, which is computed by some appropriate magic, is where I want to put a mating connector."  Then I could place the mating connector in the assembly on the point on each of the two parts that have to have a mating relationship (e.g., a slider), and just select the sliding mate, and since the two points are arranged to be coincident along the axis of the slide, it becomes easy to get them where I want them.  It also means that if I fillet using a variable, I can put a point on the corner of a rectangle which represents the original rectangle before filleting, so if I change the fillet dimension later my sliding mate remains valid.

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,422
    Add the mate connector in the Part Studio.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI