Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Native NX import

ralf_zervossralf_zervoss Member Posts: 4
Hi there,
I am looking for a good option to handle native NX files from our clients. Does Onshape support import from latest and greatest NX version? All forum entries about this topic seemed pretty old already. Thanks for your help and stay safe!
Ralf 

Comments

• Options
    dirk_van_der_vaartdirk_van_der_vaart Member Posts: 543 ✭✭✭
    This is from the help file, the ? in the right upper corner.

• Options
    TimRiceTimRice Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 315
    Currently we do support:

Parts - NX UG15.0 through NX12.0.2.9, NX UG 1911, NX 1915, NX 1919, NX 1926 through 1946, NX 1965, NX 1969, NX 1973, NX 1847, latest version NX 1847.2400, NX 1851, NX 1980, NX 1984, NX 1988, NX 1992, NX 1996, and NX 2000

Assemblies - NX UG15.0 through NX12.0.2.9 (via a .zip file), NX UG 1911, NX 1915, NX 1919, NX 1926 through 1946, NX 1965, NX 1969, NX 1973, NX 1847, latest version NX 1847.2400, NX 1851, NX 1980, NX 1984, NX 1988, NX 1992, NX 1996, and NX 2000

For the full list please see this article:
    https://cad.onshape.com/help/Content/translation.htm 
    Tim Rice | User Experience | Support 
    Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,384 PRO
    Also keep in mind that Onshape, NX and Solidworks (and others) use Parasolid as the native 3D kernel. So, if for some reason you can't get native parametric files, you may be able to get Parasolid neutral files. This would typically be preferable to STEP or IGES.
  • Options
    Hi guys, thanks for your hints. Our client simply exports the native files from their PLM system, so any neutral format won't work. I'll try to find out about the exact Siemens NX version, they are using. Are these translators also available for testing in the free plan to be able to check the quality?
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,414
    Hi guys, thanks for your hints. Our client simply exports the native files from their PLM system, so any neutral format won't work. I'll try to find out about the exact Siemens NX version, they are using. Are these translators also available for testing in the free plan to be able to check the quality?
    Yes, you can use the free plan, but you should not upload your clients' data to the public domain - ask them for a test file. The latest version of NX is 2008 (Dec 21) which we don't officially support but it may still work.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    NeilCooke said:
    Yes, you can use the free plan, but you should not upload your clients' data to the public domain - ask them for a test file. The latest version of NX is 2008 (Dec 21) which we don't officially support but it may still work.

Hi Neil, of course. We will use a test part or some nuts & bolts for testing. I'll give it a try a soon as I have got approval.
    Cheers
    Ralf