Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How to predict/best practice for mate mate connector offsets training/video?

eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,462 PRO
edited February 2022 in Product Feedback

The discussion in here reminded me that I didn't see anything showing in detail how to best use mate connectors anywhere in the training or various tips etc...
https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/17743/mate-connector-directions-not-intuitive#latest

I think some Webinar/video/white paper on the "behind the scene" workings on how mate connectors behave could be quite helpful. I've gotten better at figuring out what is going to happen based on selection etc but I had to try to figure it out by trial and error and probably still don't understand all of it...

Some discussion on how to use the offsets within the mates vs offsetting the mate connectors themselves would also be helpful, I only remember seeing this mentioned in the training for re-orienting the MC for an angled pin-slot mate but there is a lot more to it!