Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Frames needs an align to selection

CBowersCBowers Member Posts: 50 PRO
Currently we can change the angle, but I have a sweeping s-shaped bridge I am working on and each vertical member has a different alignment. My current workaround is to create a horizontal member followed by the vertical, which aligns both to the horizontal line. Then after completing the frame I have to delete all the horizontal members that I don't want using the "delete parts" tool. Not exactly efficient.

Comments

• Options
    Yahir_Conejo_GarciaYahir_Conejo_Garcia Member Posts: 4
    Sounds a bit tricky. Could you send a link to your document just to kinda see what it's all about?
  • Options
    Can't link, but here are some screenshots of different views. I still have diagonal members I need to put in between all the verticals also.

ElevationNormal to approachPlanRight View
  • Options
    And some screenshots about what I'm experiencing with misalignment

Selection of vertical edge of surface; misaligned

Selection of vertical edge then horizontal edge; both misaligned, I don't need the horizontal

Selection of horizontal edge; correct alignment, but I still don't need this piece and only want the vertical

Selection of horizontal edge, then vertical edge; correct alignment, but I don't need the horizontal member

• Options
    brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    Nice looking bridge! Definitely need a framing tool to create this. I found it a bit limited as well but wasn't doing framing this complicated. Hope this use case can be sorted 
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977