Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

simulation help and instruction

WJTWJT Member Posts: 2 PRO
The email references a video in the "Notes on mates" section but I don't see a video.  Where can I find the video?  Also, the link for simulation help directs me to the enterprise landing page and not the simulation landing page embedded in the hyperlink.  I have tried incognito, clearing cache, signing out, etc.

I am attempting to simulate stresses from internal pressure on a vessel assembly that is screwed together but not having any success so far.

Comments

• Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    I added the video to the welcome post.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    Kevin_CowlesKevin_Cowles Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 18 PRO
    @DIWJT
    What are your issues with the pressure vessel assembly sim? Is it with regards to applying the pressure load, or with the convergence of the result? I would definitely recommend double checking your mates to make sure that your DoF are completely defined
  • Options
    H_WangH_Wang Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
    Hi, today I just had access to simulation, I am so excited to get started. However, I haven't been successful because I think I am missing the FGS Material Library. How do I get that loaded? I tried to add it in but could not find it anywhere. Please help! 
  • Options
    Jenny_JohnsonJenny_Johnson Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 9
    H_Wang said:
    Hi, today I just had access to simulation, I am so excited to get started. However, I haven't been successful because I think I am missing the FGS Material Library. How do I get that loaded? I tried to add it in but could not find it anywhere. Please help! 
    You should have the link in the welcome email to the EVP
    Jenny E Johnson
    Principal Technical Services Engineer, Onshape
    jjohnson@ptc.com
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    H_Wang said:
    You should have the link in the welcome email to the EVP
    I have already activated simulation using the link provided in the welcome email. It is an issue I encountered after I start using it. I have everything else except the FGS Material Library, which I think is stopping me from running the simulation. 

I figured to make it clearer, I snapped a screen shot

• Options
    chris_gromek_onshapechris_gromek_onshape Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 19
    Please use the link below to find a public document of the model shown in the training video.  This document contains the simulation materials library, which you can add to your list of material libraries:

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/2562520323bae377dc30978b/w/284d5051907d4e72efeee88a/e/7931e6c34a6c41c716f758cc?renderMode=0&uiState=62290e68d47a3132a2425203
  • Options
    Please use the link below to find a public document of the model shown in the training video.  This document contains the simulation materials library, which you can add to your list of material libraries:

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/2562520323bae377dc30978b/w/284d5051907d4e72efeee88a/e/7931e6c34a6c41c716f758cc?renderMode=0&uiState=62290e68d47a3132a2425203
    If you saw the picture I posted above, I have already done that. But that is the result I got, the FGS Material Library is still missing, if it was contained in the supplied document, how do I extract that? Thank you! 
  • Options
    This is the message I got when I tried to add the library.
  • Options
    chris_gromek_onshapechris_gromek_onshape Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 19

Greetings and my apologies for the difficulty.  Please follow the steps below and let me know if anything still appears amiss.

Best!
    Chris