Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Anyone else struggle with forum text formatting?

Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,066 PRO
I find that I'll draft a post, and the formatting looks right in the preview (code blocks look right etc), but then I post it and it gets all silly looking and some of the HTML code shows up and it looks like a mess. Am I missing something or is it kinda buggy?
Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl

Answers

• Options
    MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,723 PRO
    edited March 2022
    I haven't. There is an issue I noticed, when trying to embed a video. Also, I'm not sure how to get the aspect ratio updated, even when I change it in the iframe code.

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎
  • Options
    steve_shubinsteve_shubin Member Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭✭
    @Evan_Reese

Being as I’m often using my iPhone, when I have to enter text into small online text input fields or boxes, well when doing so, these boxes can be a bit small to work with, specially if you’re going to have a number of paragraphs. As a result, you will end up having to scroll a lot and that can be kind of a pain

So often I use my Notes app on my iPhone to lay down my text, as it gives me the maximum amount of screen real estate for text input, and then I copy and paste that into the forum field where you make your post

And when I do that, it often leaves extra spacing between paragraphs. So I have to go and correct all of that

The other problem I have when making posts using my iPhone in this forum, is when I quote somebody (i.e. when I press the little quote button at the bottom of someone’s message), well of course it’s gonna put the entire quote into my post.

Now a lot of times I just want to show one or two sentences of someone’s quote, so I go ahead and remove text within their quote 

But when I do that, I get trapped within their quote at times, in fact more often than not, when using my iPhone. That is to say, if I want to enter some text as a response to the quote. It’s going to appear within that quote box, within my post.

So to remedy the situation, I have to pull out my MacBook Pro

• Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,383 PRO
    Something has changed recently. I’ve had issues with at mentioning people and it puts a line break after the name. I go into the html code view and there’s nothing wrong. 

I’ve also literally had issues with command-c and command-v not working for copy and paste. The menu items work, but the keyboard shortcuts are broken.
  • Options
    @Evan_Reese

The other problem I have when making posts using my iPhone in this forum, is when I quote somebody (i.e. when I press the little quote button at the bottom of someone’s message), well of course it’s gonna put the entire quote into my post.

Yeah I deal with the quote trap too! I usually type my answer first, then go remove extra parts of the quote, but it feels like something that could be better.
  • Options
    S1mon said:
    Something has changed recently. I’ve had issues with at mentioning people and it puts a line break after the name. I go into the html code view and there’s nothing wrong. 

I’ve also literally had issues with command-c and command-v not working for copy and paste. The menu items work, but the keyboard shortcuts are broken.
    Yes! I've had similar issues mentioning people.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Here's an example of me trying to have: text, then code, then more text, then more code:
    Test code block;
    more text
    And even more code;
    Edit: of course it worked this time :disappointed:
  • Options
    MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,723 PRO
     :joy:  

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎
  • Options
    Phillip_BPhillip_B Member Posts: 33 PRO
    Do you also see no screenshots/pictures in the forum?
    First i thought it is because it was an old thread but also in new ones i can't see any pictures. 
  • Options
    Phillip_BPhillip_B Member Posts: 33 PRO
    Found the answer by myself. The pictures URL (copied from the html view) is blocked by our companys firewall. That sucks. 
    Does Onshape forum use such a special hoster? I usually never have a problem with blocked URLs.