Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Cannot upload CATIA assembly Zip file

Rob_BeardmoreRob_Beardmore Member, csevp Posts: 6 PRO
I have tried many different ways of uploading this zip, I changed the name to the master assembly, but I keep getting the error message: "Malformed zip file could not be extracted. Ensure zip file is a valid archive." 
I would appreciate any help anyone might be able to give. 

Comments

• john_rousseaujohn_rousseau Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 353
    Hi @Rob_Beardmore. Please open a support ticket and we will help you out.
    John Rousseau / VP, Technical Operations / Onshape Inc.
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    Make sure there are no folders and the CATProduct and CATPart files are on the same level, with the zip the same name as the CATProduct
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • shawn_crockershawn_crocker Member, OS Professional Posts: 798 PRO
    I have had trouble before with solidworks packages.  I found sometimes solidworks would pack in some extra files that other files were referencing even though the files are not actually in the assembly.  It seems sometimes onshape gets bothered by having extra files in the .zip that are not actually found physically in the assembly.  When I make a package I go through the list a make sure I uncheck anything that shows a "not open" status.
  • Rob_BeardmoreRob_Beardmore Member, csevp Posts: 6 PRO
    Just wanted to give you all an update, we were able to resolve this. Thank you for your comments and support!