Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How can I delete a document from a Team I created?

I work as a teacher in a school.  I have created a Team and added the users.  I am admin of this Team.  If I share one of my documents to the Team, I cannot access the Delete option as it is greyed out.  Also, as admin, I cannot delete any of the documents the students share to the Team.  I assume this is because they can also not select the Delete option.  However, as Admin, I would expect the be able to delete anything shared to the team from anybody as it could be inappropriate or silly and I don't want it to be there.  How can I delete things from the Team please?

Answers

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,399
    Are you using Onshape Education Enterprise or Standard? If Enterprise, Admin can do anything. If Standard, then there is no such thing as Admin and all the Documents are owned by the students. Either way, you should be able to trash your own docs.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    gareth_jones717gareth_jones717 Member Posts: 4 EDU
    Thanks for the swift reply. Just getting up and running with Onshape in my new school.  We have the Standard free install and not the Enterprise.  Even with the Standard, when I set up a Team, it tells me that I am the admin of that team.  I just assumed that this would mean that I could remove the files shared to the team or unshare them without them deleting the original document in the students login.  I think your comment indicates that this is not possible and I will have to get the students to unshare them by asking them in class or over email.

I will look into the Enterprise version as I hope to expand the use of Onshape with more classes and students.  However, this will have to wait due to financial constraints.

Thanks again for your reply

Gareth