Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

java script error

don_howedon_howe Member Posts: 115 ✭✭✭
edited October 2015 in Product Feedback
I was working in Onshape tonight and went to open my part studio and received the following error message.

Got another one opening a public part document

Houston we have a problem!

Comments

• Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    This is not something that is valuable to post here since this is client specific. It seems you might be blocking something or your cache might be corrupt. You can try doing a Shift reload which will rebuild you cache but the best way to submit these issues would be to use the ? Menu and feedback. This way we know what platform, browser and document you see this in.  Please use that for issues like this. 
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    @ lougallo, With respect, when this type of error occurs it's not possible to select Menu > Feedback without first acknowledging the error and selecting one of the options the error presents.I did post in Product Feedback which seemed appropriate to me.  To wit though, I opened my FF browser this morning and opened my part document and received a similar type java error, but following your suggestion used Menu > Feedback with a link back to this post.

• Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    This is probably due to the size of the model and the load time.  You can up the timeout here:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/warning-unresponsive-script
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    For anyone else who might experience java errors related to runtime you might try the following. I set the value of dom.max_script_run_time to 20, this seems to have done the trick. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/warning-unresponsive-script