Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Improvements to Onshape - October 12, 2015

2»

Comments

• Options
    bill_schnoebelenbill_schnoebelen OS Professional, Developers, User Group Leader, csevp Posts: 109 PRO
    I got away with just scanning on that one. It is beat up plastic and more precision would be a waste.

I made the part public. You can see it at "gsxr 1000 seat mount". Not sure how to get a link?
  • Options
    navnav Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭✭
    I made the part public. You can see it at "gsxr 1000 seat mount". Not sure how to get a link?
    Just coy the document URL, if its public you`ll be able to share it : 

Nicolas Ariza V.
    Indaer -- Aircraft Lifecycle Solutions
  • Options
    imagineeredimagineered Member Posts: 57 ✭✭
    alan_89 said:
    Great progress yet again!

But i have to agree drawings are still needing quite a bit of work in terms of performance and functionality.

As far as adding more dimension types to drawings its great to have options but i'm hoping that ultimately there will be a "Smart" Dimension that handles most situations and then the option (ideally on RMB) that allows you to switch to one of the specific types for that pesky dimension you can't quite grab.

Having to select many different types of dimension just isn't very user friendly. In the short term just adding more to the right click context menu would be handy to stop having to revisit the menus. 
    Spot on!! Also need Third Angle projection desperately.
  • Options
    jakeramsleyjakeramsley Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 657
    This highlights just how useful it would be to add the "Up to Vertex" end condition to extrudes and revolves in Onshape; it would eliminate the need for creating an extra "Line-Point" construction plane in each of @nav 's Part Studios.
    How would you determine the capping surface if it is just a vertex?  There are an infinite different surfaces that intersect a single vertex.  With extrude I could see keeping the normals co-linear, but what would you use for revolve?
    Jake Ramsley

Director of Quality Engineering & Release Manager              onshape.com
  • Options
    andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jakeramsley
    Surely for a revolve, the termination would be a plane through the revolve axis and the specified vertex?

I'm sure it's not that simple, but I'm not sure what I've overlooked.
  • Options

Also need Third Angle projection desperately.
    Third angle is available, but only with ISO templates at present
  • Options
    _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    @andrew_troup I believe that ISO templates are first angle and ANSI are third angle.
  • Options
    oops - sorry!