Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape, CAD, maker project and design.First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
Improvements to Onshape - October 12, 2015
- NEW Sketch image - Insert a picture into a sketch as a reference.
- NEW Local variables - Create history-based variables for reference in Part Studios. (First phase, more expansion and capabilities to come)
- NEW Transform with Mate connectors - Transform now has a new option to use Mate connectors to define the new orientation.
- Wake up midpoints - Midpoints can now be used to create inferences while sketching.
- NEW Drawing tables - Insert and customize tables inside of Onshape Drawings.
- NEW Pinned Assembly comments - Now comment pinning is supported in Assemblies.
- NEW Two direction Revolve manipulators - Now Revolve has the same manipulators for the two direction option as Extrude.
- NEW Split surfaces - The Split tool now can split surfaces!
- NEW Line to Point and Line to Line dimension support in Drawings.
Hide improvements - Hide all is now an option in Onshape for Sketches, Mates, Mate connectors and Parts. The context menu will display the options based on the selection.
- j : Hide/show all mates
- k : Hide/show all mate connectors
- Added 3D print materials to the Onshape standard material library
- Added a set of ANSI millimeter drawing templates to Onshape Drawings
- Support for Copy/Paste of Notes in Drawings
- Boosted Drawing preview performance by 50%
- Deleting parts in an Assembly also removes the associated mates.
Remember: The updates listed here are now live for all users when creating new documents and over the next few days these features will also be available in documents created before the date of this update.