Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Defect? - Points not snapping between different sketches.

karl_mochelkarl_mochel Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
II created a Sketch with construction lines that I want to use to build different spline loft segments. I am trying to snap spline points to the construction points but they don't seem to snap - though when I move the cursor over the points they do highlight. Is this expected behavior?

It's not preferred.

Best Answer

• Options
    dirk_van_der_vaartdirk_van_der_vaart Member Posts: 541 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Select the points you want to use, then hit the USE command.

Answers

• Options
    dirk_van_der_vaartdirk_van_der_vaart Member Posts: 541 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,374
    Or just add a coincident constraint.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    NeilCooke said:

Not a great solution but this is the more "use"ful suggestion because I can get what I need done, but it sucks as a solution because:
    1) You cannot fence select all the elements you want. You have Shift select them.
    2) Depending on how you select it doesn't translate the line type. If you select a midpoint instead of on line the entities comes across as sketch entities. So you need to change them back.
  • Options
    NeilCooke said:
    Doesn't work for this situation. Am doing inference constraints so I don't actually want to snap to those points. I am inferencing them to create vertical, perpendicular, or other constraints.
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,374
    NeilCooke said:
    Doesn't work for this situation. Am doing inference constraints so I don't actually want to snap to those points. I am inferencing them to create vertical, perpendicular, or other constraints.
    OK, so add a vertical, perpendicular or other constraint.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI