Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Can't I select annotations when zoomed in the drawings

christopher_dziubachristopher_dziuba Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
Why can't I select annotations when I'm a little zoomed in the drawings?
Specifically about 50% zoom is where it starts happening.
Not sure if this is a common issue.

Best Answers

Answers

• Axel_KollmenterAxel_Kollmenter Member Posts: 410 PRO
    Answer ✓
    Hi Christopher,

this isnt a common issue I think. Could you please share the document?
    Best regards,

Axel Kollmenter
  • christopher_dziubachristopher_dziuba Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
    Hay @Axel_Kollmenter sorry for the long ar** delay. In all honesty I hesitated because I was using a free version to prove to my boss that we could use onshape and that file was techinically used for a commercial purpose. But now that I think about it since its probably going to make the difference beteween him getting a license or not it probably shouldn't matter. Here's the file:
    https://cad.onshape.com/documents/9365f4d386cd28bdd2002acb/w/1c6a7e07d8a70f5eb7548977/e/62956c71170857051cde3d86
  • Axel_KollmenterAxel_Kollmenter Member Posts: 410 PRO
    edited June 2022
    Unfortunately I can´t help in this case... Maybe @NeilCooke got some time. Good luck to impress your boss with onshape^^
    Best regards,

Axel Kollmenter
  • MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,698 PRO
    Answer ✓
    @christopher_dziuba try creating a box selection by dragging your mouse. This works for me if a dimension or annotation can't be clicked.

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎
    @MichaelPascoe thanks man. I'll do that
  • john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    edited June 2022
    I've been having a lot of trouble with annotations and dimensions becoming unselectable. Typically, right after exiting the command and I want to move them a bit.

After a few seconds of clicking around and getting frustrated, they start working again.
    I'm not sure if there is some kind of lag or what. Happens on my work fiber connection and cable internet at home.

Yesterday it happened and didn't come back, but refreshing the browser fixed it.
    So, I'm wondering if it is a local browser issue possibly?

With there being a new update, I haven't seen it yet, but I haven't been in the app all day to try.
    I'll let you (and support) know if I still see it and try and capture it on camera.
  • Ben_Tek_PacBen_Tek_Pac Member Posts: 49 PRO
    I have been having the same issue, I find if I toggle between tabs it comes back quicker but it is not very productive. shift a dimension and move to a new view and it is unselectable, so, click on a new tab, click back on the drawing tab, do some more work till it becomes unselectable, click to a new tab and back again, do some more etc! - I am finding it mostly on assembly drawings with a lot of views, detail views, sections etc.
  • Ben_Tek_PacBen_Tek_Pac Member Posts: 49 PRO
    this is what I am getting
  • MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,698 PRO
    @Ben_Tek_Pac this is only a work around, but it may help you:

When you create a box selection try dragging right to left. This may help with the work around. Yellow box is inclusive. Blue box is exclusive.

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎
    @Ben_Tek_Pac That's exactly what I'm talking about. After a little zooming in and out and clicking about eventually I can get a selection but it's not reliable
    @MichaelPascoe that trick definitely helped for sure, can confirm for any poor soul that finds this post. Would be nice if it isn't necessary but this is a rare issue so obviously not top priority right now.
  • eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,462 PRO
    Anybody else still dealing with this?
    It's been really bad for me today. I noticed a couple of things: it seems like what "breaks" it is adjusting the zoom level. I also noticed that if doesn't seem to happen if you keep the cursor over a dimension while zooming in or out.
  • ron_phillips_ron_phillips_ Member, Developers Posts: 5 PRO
    Been dealing with this issue over the last 2 weeks
  • eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,462 PRO
    Friendly reminder: remember to submit a ticket when you run into something like this!

This has just been filed as a bug but it's not clear what is causing it. It seems like it might affect only certain browsers so the more tickets they get the more likely they can find a "pattern" of what's causing it!

@lougallo
    Here are other users experiencing similar issues to ticket: #304396

NOTE: I just updated my graphics drivers and it seems to have fixed the issue (or at least makes it a lot less likely) ! I'm using Nvidia 516.59 (was at 511.somethign earlier) with an RTX2070 so you might want to give that a try...
    Sorry @eric_pesty & future readers, I haven't seen a solution yet however that sounds like another good trick. Have you tried anything else yet?
    Good news boys Onshape has contacted me and recognised this issue as a bug. Now that they're aware of it we can expect to eventually see a solution in the change log. They're constantly making improvements so it's only a matter of time. If you know any other users experiencing this issue get them to say so here to give the time an idea of the magnitude and priority of the issue
  • ron_phillips_ron_phillips_ Member, Developers Posts: 5 PRO
    Still have issues with this every day at work, would be great if we can get a fix. I've been using Onshape for years and this issue has crept up in the last year or so and it's so inhibiting for daily drafting work.

It's not acceptable to just be told to make a box selection to try and break out of it when it just persists immediately after.