Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to do this spring

max_mistarzmax_mistarz Member Posts: 5
hello everyone. Is there any way to make this spring? It need to be tapered at the both end. I cant find any solution in the web.  I can do the spring but i dont know how to tappered it at the ends? and how to stretch it in assembly studio?

Answers

• Options
    Axel_KollmenterAxel_Kollmenter Member Posts: 410 PRO
    @Evan_Reese maybe you can help

Best regards,

Axel Kollmenter
  • Options
    MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,713 PRO
    edited May 2022
    @Axel_Kollmenter is right, @Evan_Reese could totally do this. But perhaps not at 6:30 in the morning?  :D

@max_mistarz, here is one approach you could start with. Keep in mind a split part or face feature usually works fine, but in this case it did not; so I used Thicken and Boolean subtract as a work around.
    Link to example document
    • Sketch the main shape.
    • Revolve the main shape as a surface.
    • Split the main surface with a helical surface.
    • Create a profile sketch normal to the end of the new curve along the face of the main shape.
    • Sweep the profile along the curve.

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎
  • Options
    Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,064 PRO
    @MichaelPascoe
    this is exactly what I would have done.
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl
  • Options
    max_mistarzmax_mistarz Member Posts: 5
    Thank you very much. That is what i was looking for 
  • Options
    Axel_KollmenterAxel_Kollmenter Member Posts: 410 PRO
    edited May 2022

@MichaelPascoe
    Haha sorry. I´m from Germany, here it was 10am ^^

Your solution is great! But how did you do the squeeze in the helix? I checked the document you linked to your comment but I dont understand how.

EDIT: ok I think I got it but its a bit too complicated for me right now. I couldn´t have this done alone yet. 
    Best regards,

Axel Kollmenter