Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Can anyone help me and tell me why my loft isn't working?

jack_lambe777jack_lambe777 Member Posts: 2
I've tried everythng i can think of but it doesn't seem to be working for me. I'm trying to make the Vertical Stabilizer but it won't loft for me.https://cad.onshape.com/documents/4796893c732f2fa33f8f16d5/w/024cf3a211bcdf9bcd102edd/e/611cd4634367ecb38310f337

Best Answer

• john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    Answer ✓
    It will help to add a slight radius here:

Then just:

Answers

• john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    Answer ✓
    It will help to add a slight radius here:

Then just:

• S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,321 PRO
    I'm not sure what your end goal is with this model, but if you want high quality surfaces for aerodynamic reasons, you probably want to break this down into a few areas. I would model the middle of this first (roughly bounded by where the leading edge is straight) and then build the top and bottom off of those surfaces.

You generally want to build from your areas of least curvature first, and add higher curvature details after. If you try to loft this all at once, you're much more likely to get ripples and artifacts.