Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Animation

amir_livneamir_livne Member Posts: 76 EDU
Dear friends
I succeed to create an animation of more than 2 arms but they are moving simultaneously (as you can see in the movie).
Now I want to create animation where each step starts only after the previous step reaches its end point.
I'll appreciate if you can help me
Thanks

Amir Livneh

https://youtu.be/qFPYtEFuIWM

Comments

• Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,898 PRO
    The only way I know how to have multiple animations is to create a timeline of parts.
    Where the length of the part represents time, and the height of the part represents distance.
    You will then need to connect the sketch with a curve, such as a spline or sketch curve so that the timeline parts are tangent.

Then create a 'cursor' part that rides tangent on the timeline and create a rack and pinion relation between the cursor's elevation, and the rotation of each joint.

Now you just. need to repeat that for each joint.
    Then animate them by animating the slider mate that runs along the length of the time line parts.

Animation | Assembly (onshape.com)

You can change how fast each animation is for each joint by modifying or adding more curves to each of the sketches 'j1' 'j2' or 'j3'

In the example document, I have the home position set to vertical.
    So, if we add a curve that ends 0.25" below the top plane, then that represents a rotation of 90º clockwise on the joint. (0.25 x 360º = 90º) 
    I then set a length of 1" along the time axis to set how fast I want that to animate, which is relative to the speed of the overall speed of the animation.
    The 0.25" on the top here, was just when I wanted the next animation to begin. In this case, I have 25% of the J2 animation beginning just before the J1 animation completes.