Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Ace Editor Short Cuts (including To Upper/Lower)?

S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,322 PRO
edited July 2022 in FeatureScript
I know that in general, the FeatureScript text editor is based on Ace. I also know that most of the keyboard commands work. However, some are overridden by standard Onshape things. In this case, I wanted to use the "to upper case" command (normally ctrl-U), but it triggers the contact support pop-up.

Is there an official list of editor commands? Does someone know if there's a way to trigger "to upper case"?

Side note: are enums all caps by convention? Is this written somewhere in the standard documentation?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    Answer ✓
    I use them a lot so I did a list a while back https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/12424/feature-studio-keyboard-shortcuts

Enum values are in Caps but name is in Title case such as UIHint.ALWAYS_HIDDEN
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,322 PRO
    Thanks @NeilCooke

You answered most of my questions, but didn’t cover “to uppercase”. Should I assume that this is just not available in Onshape?
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    Correct. I went through every Ace shortcut to see which ones work. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI