Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

3D Connexion Support

Simple problem: Ever since the most recent update my Spacemouse Pro has stopped interacting with Onshape. I don't know which side is the cause here, firmware or Onshape, but if this is a known issue from anyone else I would love some feedback from the dev team. 

Answers

• Axel_KollmenterAxel_Kollmenter Member Posts: 410 PRO
    Sometimes it works if you reconnect your mouse to your computer (sometimes up to 3/4 times). If this wont work, restart your computer. Which product from 3dconnexion do you use?
    Best regards,

Axel Kollmenter
  • Benjamin_StraussBenjamin_Strauss Member Posts: 7 PRO
    I am using a Spacemouse Pro. Unfortunately this didn't work. I am going to reinstall the drivers and see if that helps.
  • S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,359 PRO
    Not sure what platform you're on, but you may find this thread helpful if you're on a Mac.

In summary, with the right version of the drivers, the right USB-C/A adapter and the occasional restart of Chrome and/or 3DxNLServer.app, it works.
    I am on PC, unfortunately the drivers did not help. I will continue restarting the aformentioned services a few times.
    Are you using it with an adapter or an usb hub? I had an other kind of issue with the spacemouse enterprise while working with google chrome. Same setup but now on firefox = no more problems... are you able to change the browser?

Best regards,

Axel Kollmenter
    edited July 2022
    I know this is not your exact problem, but there are a lot of solution suggestions. Maybe one of them will work.

Best regards,

Axel Kollmenter
    Yes it turns out it was the USB hub that was the culprit. I plugged it in to a thunderbolt connected hub and it works fine now.
    Always happy to help!
    Best regards,

Axel Kollmenter