Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
I'm loving the bézier sketch curves!
That's pretty much it. That one tool has been a game changer for me, and is quickly becoming one of the first things I reach for in my sketch palette. That said, I've started noticing some areas I'd personally like to see some changes:
- I often end up with lots of lines and points, which I commonly want to batch constraints to. For example, I find myself picking lots of edges to set to equal, or points to set vertical. As of now, box select doesn't work for these points and lines, and it makes selection tedious
- When inserting a spline point, the surrounding points sometimes move around. For example, if I have a bunch of horizontal points and add a new one, they won't all stay horizontal.
- I'd love to be able to set weights to the points. I imagine it could just be a single click with the dimension tool on the point, similar to rho for conics.
- Curvature constraints still seem finicky with them, but it works pretty good
- you can't make a closed spline, when the end points are made co-incident, I'd expect it to make a single closed loop.
- Altering the spline degree could help make smoother curves in some case.
Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl