Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Degree 1 Loft (straight sections) through n Line like Curves

I noticed that it's not possible to create a ruled, straight surface loft between, say, 10 line curves to create a single surface object. Only by repeating the lodt command several times.

Is this a known limitation? Eventually I would liek to reproduce such objects in featurescript. The option from featurescript may be to do the operation as above anyway, and have all those repeated steps hidden if it can't be done in a single Loft operation.

Answers

• Options
    antlu65antlu65 Member Posts: 55 EDU
    edited August 2022
    "I noticed that it's not possible to create a ruled, straight surface loft between, say, 10 line curves to create a single surface object"

Not sure I understand what you're looking for. Do you have an example document you could link? Are you trying to do something like this?

• Options
    Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,066 PRO
    I think I get what you're after, and I've considered writing a feature to do it. Something like this, right?
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl
  • Options
    Jonathan_HutchinsonJonathan_Hutchinson Member Posts: 65 PRO
    Yeah @Evan_Reese that's the jist,  my case would be simpler, because it'd just be straight lines as the prifles (whereas you have these curved ones, to make a more stylish set of surfaces that are kinda trivial for in a surface modelling package.

In any case, Onshape would treat it as a set of disjoint surfaces, I appreciate.