Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

first robotics 8020

trey_pricetrey_price Member Posts: 2
i am working learning onshape to use for my robotics team and i added MKcad but noticed that they didn't have any 8020 witch my team prefers over the REV brand. does anyone know of another add on that has the 8020 or have a sketch for it they would be willing to share? thank you to anyone that can help!

Comments

• Options
    edward_petrilloedward_petrillo Member Posts: 79 EDU
    Here's what you need.  The "Extrude 8020Inc Profile'  custom feature allows you to generate virtually any extrusion profile from a sketch point in a parts studio.  This workflow is far superior to configuring components and importing them from MKCad.  We (Team 293, SPIKE) have been building robots with this tool for the past several seasons.  Here's a link to our Prototype Chassis.  The "Layout and Frame" Parts Studio illustrates our method for defining overall robot geometry and generating extrusion frames using three layout sketches
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,379
    8020 profiles are built into the Frame feature. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI