Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Access to an account

morteza_marivanimorteza_marivani Member Posts: 1
HI;

I am wondering if more than one user can have access to a same account simultaneously?

Answers

• Options
    brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    I don't think the system has been designed for more than one user on the one account working simultaneously rather to have multiple users with different accounts collaborating and being able to track each users history within the doc.

But yes you can login a number of time without issues, this is how you run dual screen's. When working on Onshape I am also constantly switching computers and have multiple browsers open with different browser tabs to jump around between doc's and doc tabs, if in the same doc twice I will see the little B come up on top right hand corner. However I have only ever used my login for myself not sure if things start to fall over if commands are happening simultaneously, I think it should throw an error to stop gaming the system.

Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • Options
    abefeldmanabefeldman Member Posts: 166 ✭✭✭
    @morteza_marivani - an Onshape account is for only one individual and it is specifically against our End User License Agreement to allow other users to access your account.  The specifics can be found here:  https://www.onshape.com/eula

That said, you're always allowed to open multiple tabs of Onshape in your browser to work on many documents simultaneously, or run Onshape on all of your devices at once.  The only stipulation is that you are the only person who can access your account.
    Abe Feldman
    UX/PD/Community Support