Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to mate

Hi,
I have two sliders (see the image) sliding in other parts (hidden). Now I want them to stay in contact all the time. The left one is actually pushing the right one. How do I mate that?

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,399
    Try Tangent Mate
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    matthew_stacymatthew_stacy Member Posts: 476 PRO
    @hadas_hamerovv, is your intent to have a push/pull relationship between these two parts?  Or push only?

The tangent mate that Neil suggested addresses push/pull.  Whereas a slider mate, with a limit (Z_max = 0) will provide a push-only relationship that prevents the two parts from overlapping one another, but allows a gap.
  • Options
    hadas_hamerovvhadas_hamerovv Member Posts: 5
    Thanks guys. I do refer to push/pull although the pull is done by another force. Still I want to see the two parts touching all the time. The problem is when I set the tangent mate is that the left part would not move down beyond a limit even if there is no limit there.

In the image below I moved the black part down beyond its position just to reveal the part. The green part slides in it (slider mate) and the blue part slides in the grey part. However whenever setting the tangent mate the green part won't move down.
    If I set a slider mate onshape won't resolve at all (probably because the faces do not create a closed loop.)

Don't know what to do
  • Options
    hadas_hamerovvhadas_hamerovv Member Posts: 5
    Anyone?
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,399
    edited October 2022
    Please share the URL and also indicate the start and end positions you expect from each part.

Have you tried putting a small fillet on the edge of the blue part?
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI