Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Feature Script

Pablo_ManeroPablo_Manero Member Posts: 7 PRO
Hello!

I'm looking for any feature script which can give me back the name of the version where I'm working in.

The reason for this is the following one: I want to assign a customize part propertie where the part number contain the version name, so I need to achive the document version to add in a variable.

Thanks!

Comments

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,308
    Hi @Pablo_Manero - it's not possible to read the version name, but if you are using Release Management, you could read the revision and write it to a property. However, you would be adding the property to the current workspace, not the revision, so if somebody looks at the revision it will have the previous revision's value (or no value).
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Pablo_ManeroPablo_Manero Member Posts: 7 PRO
    NeilCooke said:
    Hi @Pablo_Manero - it's not possible to read the version name, but if you are using Release Management, you could read the revision and write it to a property. However, you would be adding the property to the current workspace, not the revision, so if somebody looks at the revision it will have the previous revision's value (or no value).
    Hello Neil;

Okey, thank you! I would had liked to use the version name, but I will try it with the revision number.