Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Importing SolidWorks Zip file worked, then reverted back to Zip file

kevin_thorpkevin_thorp Member Posts: 7 EDU
New user here. I imported a rather large assembly from SolidWorks then spent some time fixing mates and orientation. I was working on a sub assembly (a pneumatic cylinder) & decided to add 2 versions: "retracted" and "extended". I left the cylinder subassembly on the screen & went away for about 20 minutes. When I came back, I had to refresh my browser & reload the main assembly. Now all I see is the Zip file icon. I can't find the main assembly, sub assemblies or parts.

What happened?   

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,432
    Try clicking the "home" icon bottom left.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    kevin_thorpkevin_thorp Member Posts: 7 EDU
    Thanks, but I don't see a "Home " icon on the bottom left of my screen, I'm using Windows 10 & the Chrome browser.

But I just deleted everything & started over. I seems to be working now.