Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Screen goes red when I add a parallel mate

sandy_scottsandy_scott Member Posts: 3
Hi, I'm evaluating Onshape and I've just tried importing a very basic assembly

After adding the final mate, the parallel mate. The 3d area goes solid red

This behaviour is reproducible when I try before and after that feature in the history tree.

Document
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/eba8f0e0590befebfa999130/w/856ab4d514f029f254958791/m/92feff14eefcef87d9395910/e/30ba2ee18b3a9e4610cb0a6f?renderMode=0&uiState=6344356edbbec40a987f0301

before:

after:

everything looks OK on the compatibility check screen:

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,391
    If you zoom out you'll see it is actually the failed tangent marker - why it is so big I don't know. Press J on the keyboard to hide. I recreated the assembly in a new tab and it was fine. Very odd - if it happens again please open a support ticket.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    sandy_scottsandy_scott Member Posts: 3
    OK, that's fairly weird. Still not sure why it doesn't like that mate - if i also create it in a new tab the tangent mate works (after flipping the primary axis), but that fix doesn't work in the original assembly
  • Options
    glen_dewsburyglen_dewsbury Member Posts: 582 ✭✭✭
    That looked weird. Pretty sure your trying to over constrain.