Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Sticky trackpad

tgunrtgunr Member Posts: 44 ✭✭
Switched over from mouse to trackpad on my Mac Air M1 and somehow got into a mode where I cannot get out of orbit mode. No matter what I do, or click, the part just spins around like I am holding a finger on the trackpad. Only way to get out is tor refresh the page, very annoying.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    robert_morrisrobert_morris OS Professional, Developers Posts: 166 PRO
    Are you using Chrome?
    I have noticed this bug in Chrome where if you are rotating the model and your cursor goes off the edge of the window, it will get stuck in that mode. If I right-click in the window then it gets the mouse back to normal. I think it's a Chrome specific bug since I've seen it happen in other apps in Chrome as well, but not in Firefox.
  • Options
    This is in Safari.

Now, its the opposite, can't orbit.:(

• Options
    Forced to  use mouse now on MacBook Air, trackpad just doesn't work at all. :(
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,370
    Do you have this set in trackpad preferences? You can click and hold and drag with two fingers to rotate, or just click to get context menu.

Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    Yes, I have tried that I  think. Will double check when I get back on the laptop.