Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Improvements to Onshape - November 21st, 2022

2»

Comments

• Options
    Hendrik_Hendrik_ Member Posts: 44 ✭✭✭
    Hey guys,
    Great work as usual - thank you!  Re the partial fillet feature, I immediately found a perfect use for them - perfect timing.

PARTIAL FILLET QUESTION:
    The Bound Locations distances seem to be a factor / percentage of the fillet edge length from each side - is this correct?  This gives us extra maths work... and we can't align the edge with anything. Would it be possible to also add an option for simple distances from edges?  Even better would be the usual 'up to face / vertex' etc options.

Best,
    Hendrik

• Options
    thierry_maletthierry_malet Member Posts: 52 ✭✭
    Hello, i'm happy to see that Onshape, improved is "software" frequently, but when i see 150 improvements requests since 4 months in forum, i'm little scared. all og us are "under review" , and maybe more than 500 is "under review" since 2 or 3 years. 
    I'm able to add some others, but i'm sceptical about having an improvement in the coming months to correct problems which for me are sometimes damming for professional use. post an acceptable improvements request take a few time, but if it's for peenuts, i'm not sure than i'm already add more in the futur.
    note : please add (our request in "supended before approval") in our list of post, because when i write one, i don't know were i could edit before it was approuved to show for all users.
  • Options
    JamesonBinanitanJamesonBinanitan Member Posts: 9 PRO
    The Partial fillet reminds me of a model I revised where I must cut an edge to get this same result.
    Good thing we have it now in the fillet feature.